Friday, September 17, 2010

BC Graduation Requirements Assignment

Greetings Class,

Welcome to Planning 10. I trust all of you have settled in with your courses by now and getting a groove going with your schedule. If you have not handed in your information from my course outline please do so ASAP.

I look forward to working with you this year. As you already know the format of the course is different than those you have taken before. We will not meet in a classroom setting during the year, but I will always make myself available to you when needed. The course will primarily take place electronically and it is your responsibility to keep informed. Please be sure to check your email often as this will be the route for me to share information about the course/assignments/due dates with you. If you need to meet with me at any time please let me know via email and I will make time for you. I will travel to you so please do not worry if you're attending the other campus. We will work together on making this course fit around your scheduled courses and assignments.

In the past I have had students create their own blog for completing and presenting their assignments. I may have you create one at a later date for a different purpose, but for now it will not be expected. You will however be expected to complete all assignment in a word document (.doc or .docx) and email them to me as an attachment unless otherwise noted by your teacher. Assignments will not be marked if they are not sent to me as an attachment. When starting an assignment the following information should be identified in the top left corner of the first page of your document:

Name of Student
Name of Assignment
Date
Word Count
Teacher's Name

In addition, when you email me your finished product please identify the assignment in the subject heading.

First Assignment

A component of the course is to better prepare you for graduation with respect to courses and appropriate credits for you to successfully graduate from secondary school. This assignment will allow you the opportunity to review the Government Document associated to graduation and will assist you with your planning towards future academic decisions during the course of your high school years. Please make note of the following:

1. You are required to click the "BC Grad Planner" link and answer the questions that have been provided on the worksheet located at the above address.

2. All answers must be answered to receive credit for the assignment. (I will accept point form on this assignment). You will find the first assignment at www.sas.sd83.bc.ca/coutleeplan

3. This assignment (30 marks) must be emailed to me on or before Friday October 1st @ 9am.

If you have any questions please call, email, or see me in person.

Mr. C