Greetings Class,
We have now covered the Graduation component for Planning 10 and we are now moving into Personal Health. I anticipate the next couple of months will be focused on this area as it is a large section of the curriculum. This assignment is the first of many focused on Personal Health. You can anticipate the following topics (Nutrition, Stress, Cliques, Shoplifting, Bullying, Drugs, and Smoking to name a few).
I can’t speak for all of you, but I like to eat! I will admit my eating habits are not the best but I am trying to balance my intake with the appropriate foods I need to be healthy. I used to work in the restaurant industry for many years before I was a teacher so I learned a significant amount of information about different types of foods. It was a bonus for me to eat food I normally would not buy and cook myself on a daily basis.
Today I do much of the cooking at home because I really enjoy it. Cooking relaxes me from my day and it’s also a good excuse for not having to clean up after the feed (family shared responsibility). Cooking also allows me to know exactly what it is I am preparing and what is going into my body. When we shop at the store we try to make sure the ingredients are fresh and that they have the most nutritional value. This can be hard at times due to seasonal conditions, but in most cases we do have full control of what we prepare to fuel our bodies.
Assignment:
This assignment will look at Nutrition for our bodies and why it is important in our daily lives. Please go to my website www.sas.sd83.bc.ca/coutleeplan and download the ‘Nutrition Poster Assignment”. You will find all the information you need to complete this assignment in this document. Please read the directions carefully.
Please remember to have fun with this project and include your family too if you wish. When it comes to a healthy lifestyle with our food it makes sense to make it a family journey.
If you have any questions or concerns with this project please contact me at any time.
I look forward to seeing your work.
Mr.C