Monday, November 15, 2010

Cliques vs Friendship Groups

Greetings,

No matter where you are in the world and no matter what age you might happen be there are cliques to be found everywhere. Each one of us has either been directly or indirectly involved with them. Sometimes it is by choice and other times, unfortunately, it has been forced into our social lives. Too many people in society turn a blind eye to cliques in my opinion, but the more we educate ourselves on the topic the better prepared we are to eliminate the negative energy if cliques become exposed to our lives.

The purpose of this assignment is to recognize and understand the differences between cliques and friendship groups. There are many identifiable factors that set them apart. My hope is this assignment will better equip you with strategies if cliques are present in your social life. I also hope this assignment will heighten your holistic understanding of friendship and what it means to you.

Assignment 5:

There are numerous concepts regarding “cliques” and “friendship groups” that I want you to read and reflect on throughout this assignment. I have provided a worksheet for you to complete that will assist you with this process www.sas.sd83.bc.ca/coutleeplan . The due date for this assignment is Sunday November 28th @ 11:59pm.

I would like to provide an optional format with regards to this assignment. If you would prefer to demonstrate your understanding of the content from the assignment in one of the following ways (in place of the worksheet written responses) please let me know: create a video/movie, create a song with your own lyrics, or create a poem. If you choose to complete this assignment in one of these formats please provide me with a rough outline of what your project consists of so I can approve it before moving forward.

Please remember I can make myself available to you any time during the day to assist you with this course. If I am not in the office you can leave me a note beside my office door or you can always email me so we can schedule a meeting.

Happy learning folks!

Mr.C